It seems hard to believe, but Quincon is just around the corner- July 19, 20, and 21. For the 28th time, gamers will converge on Quincy for three days of gaming. Much will be the same as last year:
- We have three game tracks on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The first track each day starts at 9am. Each day there is a 1 hour break for lunch and supper (except for noon on Saturday- the auction messes that up). Each track will have lots of options: boardgames, roleplaying games, card games and/or miniatures.
- On Saturday only, the game tracks are interrupted by the auction from 1 to 3. The auction is a great place to buy games, but if you aren’t interested, you can always play a pick-up game. “Pick-up games” (any game that is not scheduled) are always running, but registered games have first dibs on tables.
- Pathfinder Society RPGs will be running all weekend- usually three games per track! If you have never played, you should give it a try.
- To see what games are being run, check out our Warhorn page: http://warhorn.net/quincon28/ You can register on Warhorn and even pay a reduced rate ($15 versus $20 at the door). If you pay up front, you can reserve a spot for the games you are most interested in. Some games fill up fast!
- If you are running a game or games, you may qualify for a reduced rate. The game description must be turned in and approved before the con booklet is produced (June 30). Go ahead and register for Warhorn, but don’t pay. Email Ray and he will give you your reduced rate. Click on “email the event organizer”.
- Lots of old Quincon favorites are returning: Temple of the Beastmen, Crimson Skies, Battletech, Sky Galleons of Mars, Toon, Memoir ’44 Tournament, etc… Special Guest Lester Smith will be there again running his games. The schedule will be filling up as we get commitments from people.
- Our fabulous vendors will be back! Larry and Jane Zoet, The Game Room, and Down the Playce. We have a facebook thread where you can request new or out-of-print gaming materials. Did you not know that we are on facebook?
There are a few changes from last year that you should know about:
- The auction will be running the same as last year, however, no one will be allowed to bring their items in until Saturday morning. There is a bit of paperwork that needs to be done to sell stuff at the auction and the auction staff will be there to help people, but not until Saturday morning. This helps us keep the auction moving and get it done within the time allotted.
- The first 100 paid people to show up will get a bag with lots of goodies inside. Including a Quincon first: a commemorative d6!
If you have any questions about Quincon or the Great River Gaming Guild, email me at criticalrob”at”yahoo.com. I hope to see you there!